
No, that is not a picture off the internet.
That is a test that I took. After two years of trying Daniel and I are
going to have a baby. I didn't really forget I just thought it was
worthy of its own blog. We both are very excited considering the extra
effort that we had to put in to get to this point. In fact I told
Daniel that I thought I might be pregnant but I was going to wait till
Thursday to take the test just in case my math was wrong because I'm
not good at math. Wednesday at work he text me asking if I was
pregnant. I told him I would take the test when we got home from work.
And......TADA!
We had a short debate about when to tell
everyone. Daniel didn't want to wait so we tried calling his mom and
since she was driving home we decided to go have dinner with them and
tell them. Next we called my mom. We had just got the invitation in the
mail forShaunte's graduation so I called mom to RSVP. She laughed and
wanted to go off in another direction then I told her to put us down
for three. She got this strange sound to her voice like she was
thinking and she said who was the third? I told her my baby. There was
a long pause then I said mom I'm pregnant and thenensued the screaming
and I discovered later the beating of pops. For those that don't know
my mom very... well she gets a little excited and starts jumping up and
down squeaking and clapping her hands in rapid movements and crying
also apparently she either hit pops with the phone or it went flying
out of her hand. I think that was the best reaction we got when we told
everyone.
I also noticed that there was a big difference in
how my family and Daniel's families reacted. Now there is nothing wrong
with how anyone reacted I just thought it was an interesting study in
human dynamics. I'm going to make a bold statement and say that it is
based on the mothers. Note the above on how my mom reacted. Now my
brother,cried and all three of my sisters screamed. PoorShaunte was at the collage so she looked ridiculous jumping up and down on campus with no one around her I'm sure plenty of people thought she was crazy
. Now Daniel's mom just got this big grin on her face. She was very
quit and happy and said congratulations and you could just see the
wheels turning of what she could buy or make. The grin didn't go away
for a while. When we called his brothers and sisters they all were wow
congratulations that's awesome just as if we were having a pleasant
conversation, not in the high pitched squeaky voice that accompanied
the same statements from my family.
Yes, the study carried on to me and Daniel, he had the quiet smile and I had the tears and squeaky voice.
Now
to answer some questions. No, we don't know a due date yet. No, we
don't know if it is a boy or a girl. No, we don't know ifOma's curse
was correct(which was we were having twin boys). All those answers will
be issued as we find out. We are both very happy and very excited and a
little nervous. Daniel has been such a wonderful support to me as we
have been trying to get pregnant. He has had his work cut out for him
because I am my mothers daughter. If you don't remember go back three
paragraphs. He has had to deal with that in reverse because we had been
unsuccessful until now. He is a great man and has done so much for me.
I love him dearly. Like I said I'll keep everyone posted as things move along. So, I get to be an Auntie again because of Janae and now I get to return the favor.
1 comment:
Mom loves the post. I showed it to her.
-Rae
Post a Comment