Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fun and adventures

In March a couple of fun and exciting things happened. My sister in law Rachael had me take pictures of the Pike kids. I told her no problem and one Sunday before dinner I stopped at her house to take the pictures. I went into the house and she had Tes already. I'm waiting and getting the camera ready and Tes is just talking so I ask her if she will help me. She gets excited and I have her sit in the front window so I can take some test pictures. I got a really cute shot of her.

Then the boys were all ready and we headed to the back yard to get the pictures done. Here they are.

The girl(Matt), The strange one (Josh) and Rachael's Curse (Tessa)

On March 10th, Eric and Brit(Daniel's brother and sister in law) got sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. We didn't have our current recommends and we had plenty of time to kill so we went across the street to the LDS Conference Center to take a tour. We were worried about if they only started at certain times but you just walk in and a "host" takes you on a little tour of the place. All by your own little group.

The first place they took us was to this really cool fountain/sculpture.

Here it is from ground level. It's that blue glass and has water bubbling out of it.

Here is a picture looking up from the fountain.

Here is a picture looking down on it form the third level.

Here is a close up of the stained glass of sorts from the third level.

All over the place there is church are and sculptures. Not everything is make by members but all the art work has a religious or family oriented theme. There was this one it looked like a clay pot that had the tree of life on it. It was very cool. One section that I thought was really cool was the Book of Mormon Picture gallery. It is the originals of all the pictures that are in the little blue Book of Mormon that the missionaries hand out. If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know and I'll get you one. Chad? Marie? Any takers??? LOL There was a lot of sculptures in the building and one that I absolutely loved was this white bust of Christ. Just the way it was lit and the image itself I just love.

When we were up on one of the upper levels where was this really nice English guy that worked there that stopped us and our guide to point out this anomaly that had occurred. Along the row of windows that look south to the Salt Lake Temple there was glass panel that had shattered. By his best guess a bird hit and because it was tempered glass is just completely fractured and was still in it's place. He was disappointed because he didn't have a camera and told me to take a picture because it was a once in a life time opportunity because they already had someone coming to fix the window. So I took a few pictures and told him I would be more than happy to send him a few of the photos because he was the one who pointed it out in the first place. Then we had a conversation, because Daniel and I introduced ourselves as Hadley, about a Hadleigh Castle(pronounced the same as our last name) in England where this man had been raised. We also discovered he lives in Erda which is a small town you pass on the way to Tooele from the freeway. We even ran into him a week later at Wal-Mart, he recognized Daniel because of his beard.

Here is a picture of the Salt Lake Temple through regular glass

A few pictures through the shattered glass

And one that shows both.

Now I usually don't share my unedited pictures but I wanted to try this slide show from the website that I use for my pictures. I hope it works. (It's at the bottom.)

The highlight of the day was Eric and Brit getting sealed. It was really cool because we thought we were going to need to watch some of their kids because Braden, Easton and Ansli were born sealed to Eric we thought Meggie and Will were only going to be let in for the sealing to Eric and Brit. But all the kids were allowed to go in to see Will sealed because they were all related to him by blood. I didn't know that and I thought it was very cool.

Here is the little(LOL) family after the sealing.

Meaghan wasn't too happy about having to leave or something.

After the temple we went to Golden Corral for Lunch. Daniel and I had bought Eric and Brit a card and we felt we should buy the kids something. So we found these ring pops at the Copy Cottage in Stansbury. We gave them to the four kids after dinner and they of course opened them and shoved them in their mouths. Everyone told them they all looked like Willie with the binki in his mouth so I took a picture.

April has been pretty uneventful but May will be much more exciting. Rachael and Jason are getting married in Las Vegas and Shaunte is Graduating for the U of A so that means I get to go to Vegas and Tucson. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More to come on those developments after they happen.



No comments: