Well I have been feeling very much in the halloween mood this year. It all started with Daniel. I love my wonderful husband and the poor guy has had to suffer with a sissy little wife who does not like haunted houses. Daniel loves haunted houses.
So this year I said I would take him to one before he left for the evil dessert. I was okay at when we got there and I was starting to get into the mood. There were these little girls getting the crap scared out of them by the characters that were walking around before the thing opened. The girl had to have been in Junior high and they would just attach to me and Daniel like leeches that were screaming bloody murder. We got in and they did this photo with a character. I was happy we got the smartly dressed scary guy rather than the clown. They took the first picture normal and then the second one they said scream so I was going to and then the smartly dresses scary guy actually scared me. It made Daniel laugh.
We've been working on Sean's costume for a bit trying to find the just right parts. Can you guess who he's gonna be? If not don't worry I'll post pictures after Halloween.
The day we got that part of his costume we also stopped at a bakery for a little treat. Sean of course had to get the pumpkin.
The first halloween we were married I had a bag or two of candy but we only had a trick or treater or two. Then when we lived on base we would hide at my mom's because we were afraid of the numbers of kids and as a young poor couple we didn't want to support their sugar habit. Now we like to give lots of candy a good adult handful for as many kids as we can. Daniel wants to be the cool guy that gives out full sized candy bars but that's not gonna happen this year. Anyway a few years back we got this big cauldron for the hordes of candy that we are gonna give out. Sean thinks it's a seat.
He helped pass out the candy last year but I guess he doesn't remember that it's for the candy so he helped me put all the bags in there to make sure they fit. He's such a good helper.
Once you have the important parts, costumes and the candy, covered you can move on to the decorations. I like to put up at least lights and I a pumpkin or two then if you look closely at the door you can see my welcome sign it has a pumpkin, bat, ghost, cat and candy corn on it. I tried to get more creative but I get easily distracted.
These are the kinds of things that distract me. I have been watching this YouTube channel that the lady does all kinds of crochet projects and she demonstrated this very quick and easy pumpkin. She said it was quick and easy so I had to see if she was right. She was. I understood what she was doing enough that I didn't need a pattern and I was able to play with sizes to get different sized pumpkins. Sean likes to help stuff them with the stuffing.
Today I discovered the evil joys of gingerbread houses. First if you think it is a quick easy project stop thinking that. They are evil fun projects and they are not fast. Sean has been wanting this little haunted house for a few days and he didn't get it the first time we went to Joann's because he threw a nice an proper quality tantrum. But today he had cousins, Craig, Amie and Phillip over and I thought it would keep them entertained. I should have bought the stupid thing the day Sean wanted it and started assembling it then. That cement they call frosting doesn't always hold it together. You have to load that thing up to no end. I thought the kids could help assemble the structure. Nope it kept falling apart and I was bound and determined to beat the stupid things so they played while I battled the house. I won!!! The kids got to decorate.The kit didn't have enough frosting in enough colors in my opinion nor enough candy. So I had more frosting and colored it for the kids and I raided the candy drawer for more candy. This was Sean's first and possibly last ginger bread house so I'm glad he was having fun.
The finished product.
The kids did a great job.
The house has a face on the front and back. I'm glad the cousins were here because if they hadn't been I would have been fine just letting Sean do what he wanted to do when we opened the box just eat the cookies and candy.
The last newest thing for my Halloween prep is I got my custom costume piece in the mail today. I know this amazing designer in CA who took my vision and just went with it and got my piece to me in no time. Tanya is amazing. 80's punk rock here I come. You will have to check back after Halloween to see the full costume.
Until next time
Diva





1 comment:
Awe! What a cute Buzz he will be! (That's what I am guessing anyways!) Love you lady!! Let's get together soon!!! I work nights now so I'm around in the afternoon when I wake up!
Look at you being all cute and festive! Being a momma has made you a softy! ha ha
Post a Comment