We had some fun on Halloween. It started in the wee hours of the morning when I opened the candy and loaded it into the cauldron and hid it so I wouldn't have a little monster trying to get candy all day long.
This is my new center piece for the Season. I got the big vase from Daniel for our anniversary it had dozen long stemmed roses. He is so sweet. Normally I store all my vases up on the shelves in the kitchen but this one won't fit. I was happy to find a pattern for pumpkins and I had orange yarn so voila.
Time to get ready for trick or treating. I don't think i have the 80s makeup just right but they were the brightest colors I had.
Sean also had several layers. He had to start with his Buzz socks.
This is our base layers for our costumes.
Sean's not so sure about how long it takes mom to get ready. Poor guy is learning early he has to wait forever for women to get ready for anything.
Buzz is ready for take off.
I was doing my best to get both of us in the picture without having any one there to take our picture.
Buzz is all ready to do this trick or treating thing. Light check candy bucket check.
His Aunt Brit and Uncle Eric invited us to join them at the fire department's trunk or treat event so Sean got a preview of how this trick or treating thing is supposed to work. He did have to check and make sure all his candy was still there.
We were off and he was excited to do this. I was having him hold my had at first.But he got's this. It did not take him long to figure out he can run up there and say trick or treat and they give him candy.
He always said thank you even if mom had to remind him first.
He wasn't happy when I told him it was time to go home and pass out candy. He wanted to go to more houses and get candy. Or as he put it, "More house candy."
He was all about going up and greeting the trick or treaters that were coming to out house.
It did not take him long to start stripping off the layers of costume.
The only thing to do while you wait for people to come up to you is eat candy.
Or go out to them and say hi, come get candy. I like to think he recognized the bishop and his wife but I think he may have ran out there for anyone. Maybe she called his name but I don't remember.
More candy.
I had the 80s music blaring on the computer and the window open so we would also dance while we waited for more trick or treaters. Shake it baby.
Dance then more candy. He doesn't know how to get the most out of a pixie stick and I'm okay with that.
More dancing.
He was a good help and was putting candy into the kids bags as they came up.
He had to stop and take inventory of the candy.
Yup lights are still working.
He didn't know what to do with the unicorn pegasus and she didn't know what to do with him. Don't worry I made sure the parents were okay with me taking pictures. Is that Dr Who in the back.
Jessie was very excited to see Buzz. She was more than happy to pose for a picture.
More more more sugar.
I said more sugar mama.
Uh oh it finally kicked in and he is loosing it. Attack of the sugar rush.
Sniff the candy that will make it better.
He was confused. We went to go see Nana and Papa and trick or treat their street but mom forgot his cool bucket. There was a bag in the car but he didn't understand what it was for.
Here is a better picture of us that Aunt Rachael took outside Nana's house.
After visiting with Nana and Papa we went and saw uncle Jason real quick before he had to go to work then it was time to go home and take inventory of his haul. I actually did that when we were passing out candy so we recycled some candy that night that I didn't think he would enjoy like gum balls. If you can't tell his bucket is almost full.
He was not happy when I put it away in the office. He is approaching candy meltdown.
We averted this by taking off his costume and snuggling down for the night.
After a long night of sugary goodness, costumes and dancing nothing beats relaxing in mom's chair with a big fat hot dog he got from Nana's and watching Toy Story.
He had a good time this All Hallows' Eve. Next year I don't think he is going to be down with coming back to the house to pass out candy. We'll have to figure that out next time.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures, we had a blast making them.
Love
Diva









No comments:
Post a Comment