Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Movies

Daniel and I have been dying, not literally, to go see The Avengers. We have been also trying to figure out when and what movie should be Sean's first movie to watch in the theater. It turned out to be The Avengers. I had a baby sitter lined up and Daniel and I were going to go but then the decision was made and the sitter was canceled. Sean was so excited he slept the whole drive up to the theater. We got our snacks and Sean wanted us to see he had snacks and tickets.
We tried it again so we could see him. He's still waking up. Off to see the Avengers.
We sat  low in the theater and there was a metal bar right in front of us which was useful a little further on in the movie. During the previews Sean ate popcorn and drank some soda and ate some of his fruit snacks. Once the movie started the sugar kicked in and he wanted to move. He was pretty good. He played on the metal bar and watched the movie for a good while before we had to go out the first time. I should have planned that better and had me sit on the isle but we made it work. This was break one. What is with the pinky? This kid doesn't get to hang with Aunt Tanya anymore. ;-)
We went back in and sat for a little bit and then it was time for break two. He ran laps in the hall and the kid working laughed at us. I tried to get a good picture of him with the avengers but I kept getting a lot of glare or when I switched the settings a blurry kid.
He liked pushing on the sign and trying to sneak back behind it which is hard to do when you are the only little monster around and the halls are deserted. He was excited and he was off to visit the people at the concession stand.
We went back in and were able to sit for a little while. There weren't any really scary parts that scared him too bad. There was a little whimpering once but that was it on that front. It was just a really long movie for him. I think he may have made it all the way through a kids movie because he likes cartoons and they are only 90 min. Two and a half hours was a bit long for him. We had a third trip out and that is when he found this annoying poster. He was just tall enough and it was just sturdy enough that he was able to push the red button and make it make noise. That kept him entertained for a while.
Overall he had a good time at his first movie. It was nice to get out and go do something the Daniel and I enjoy and to be able to share it with Sean. I think he will like the movies and we will get to have more fun doing things like this together. But no Sean we will not take you to see the creepy floating jumbo sized puppets. Maybe we'll go see the talking zoo next because I know you "like to move it, move it."

No comments: