Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lets go Shooting

Hello,
We were very fortunate to have a nice long Memorial weekend with Daniel actually off. I was worried the company had gone bust or something since he never gets full holiday weekends off when he is out in Dugway.

We went up the canyon one day and spent the day getting rained on, off and on again; with all the Hadley families. Sean had a blast playing on the swing set with his cousins and trying to get hurt and getting into trouble as kids often do. He got brave a few times and actually went down the slide with out holding on to the edge. Normally he extends himself out as far as he can and goes down on his side or belly.

When Monday rolled around we called our friends Eric and Mecka and we went shooting with them. They have two little boys so we were just shooting 22s. They had theirs and we had our little Henry, I love the lever action guns, and the little Ruger. This was Sean's first trip shooting. We had his ear protection and I was glad I forget things in the truck because he also had his eye protection. Thankfully Sean likes to mimic so because the other boys kept their gear on so did Sean. Isn't he a stud.
Daniel is the gun expert in our family and he's the Daddy so he got everything all ready and took Sen up to shoot first before I even realized what was going happening. I turned around and saw this cuteness. Daniel had already given him instructions and they were firing away. Daniel would work the lever and Sean got to pull the trigger. Daniel was awesome and taught Sean after he pulled the trigger Daddy would say hands off and Sean would put both hands up in the air and wait till Dad said go to pull the trigger again.
When they were out Daniel would stand to go reload and Sean was not happy about that. He would walk over to the truck where the ammunition was and would vigorously point, he wanted to just keep going and going and going.
He wasn't very happy about having to wait and letting Mama and Daddy take turns with the rifle. Hmmmm hands on the back of his hips I think he's seen me do this one too many times.
He got bored and waited in Eric and Mecka's car with their youngest for a bit and then he found other things to do.
Not really sure what he is doing. Is it the spits or is he that interested in the spent shell casings on the ground.
Down he went. He was content with that.
Sean liked shooting both guns. This on was a little more his size. It was easier to shoot faster with it as well. I heard the pop pop popping going really fast and I though Sean was getting carried away but ti was just Daniel telling him to go faster. Sean liked that idea.
It was a great day and I was glad to see my two boys having a great time together. Daniel is a wonderful teacher and Sean actually seemed to pay attention. I think they are going to have a great many more bonding opportunities with guns. We have a new zombie hunter in the family.
I had a great time too. I'm still adjusting to shooting left handed. Yes I blame my mother for that since she birthed me and she is left handed. Sucks for shooting but it works out pretty well for knitting and crochet.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

No comments: