Well I hope you can figure out by the title what this blog is about. Sean is here, YAY!!!!!! However a good story starts at the beging and then the middle followed by the end. Ours was a week long adventure so we will begin with Sunday.
Sunday
Sunday was your typical Sunday, dinner at the in-laws then work. I was trying to figure out if I was having contractions and I told my supervisor that just in case. I was confident that it wasn't really labor but since he is my first I wasn't sure in fact I wasn't sure I was having real contractions. I also didn't want it to be because that meant Daniel would win our bet about when Sean would be born(he had before the due date). So I got through work and went home and went to bed.
Monday-Tuesday
Monday I got up and started my day like normal. Showered and started preping dinner before my appointment. Daniel got off of work early so he could go with me because I asked him just in case because we were getting closer to the due date. It was a good idea because I got in there and Dr Archer did not have a happy look on her face. She retook my blood pressure and told me I needed to go be monitored in the hospital for a few hours. I was like okay so I'm not going to work tonight, she stared at me and informed me that I wouldnt' be going back to work till after the baby was born. How disappointing. LOL. I was monitored for hypertension and pre-eclampsia for a few hours waiting to see if I would be sent home or be induced. I luckily got sent home and put on strict bed rest till Wednsday afternoon when I was supposed to go back in and see what she wanted to do with me. Daniel was very good about gently persuading me to get my butt back in bed. He was very patient with his independant wife who sucks at listening to him even when he is right. Yes, I said it and it's even in print so he can point it out later and have a reference. It's not my fault I married the best man in the world. Moms were called and Debbie (the best mother-in-law in the world) was happy because she would get to see her grandson before she left for a month long work trip but she was still very concerned for me and the baby. Mom did her mom thing which is comforting because you know how mom is going to react but she has mellowed out a bit in her old retired age. She paniced a little then got on the ball about making arrangements to get up her as quickly as she could. Of course we had to deal with a couple of changes in the pland but that is to be expected with her and in the end she got to us eventually.
Wednesday
I went in to see Dr Archer again and was told this is it you are going back into the hospital and not coming out with out till I have a baby. She and I both were a little upset because it was spring break and she had only taken two days off to be with her kids and it was Tuesday and Thursday and I was going to end up delivering on Thursday. But she knows the doctor that was on call really well and trusted her with me and Sean we were just sad Dr Archer couldn't deliver because she had gotten us so far. Daniel and I scurried off to the front of the medical complex to the hospital and got all settled while Uncle Joe and Aunt Carrie picked up mom from the airport. The one day that it has to snow 6 inches is the day I go into the hospital and mom flys in to Utah. She was so excited I was having a spring baby since Ysabelle was born in November and Montana is so cold and not lacking in snow she thought she would be able to go on walks and what not but no we gave her snow. LOL. Mom checked in with us at the hospital and Debbie and Leon brought us dinner to make sure we were all still doing well. Then mom got sent home to the dogs while Daniel and I settled in for our stay at the hospital.
Thursday
D-day. Delivery day for Sean was upon us, yes we were sure it would be today because that was the plan. They woke me up bright and early 5am to shower and get ready for my long day wich was starting at 6am with pitocin to get the party hopefully started becasue I really hadn't started progressing at all on my own. Poor Daniel was the ever diligent husband and sat ther listening to his wife whine and worry about what was going on with the baby and her fears of possibly having a c-section. He waited on me, held my hand, helped me adjust in the bed to get more comfortable, was my human remote control for DVDs, comforted me when I was freaking out and encouraging me in our plans for pain management when I could decide. I am still not sure what contractions feel like but I do what an epidural feels like and that was strange, very nice because I didn't have to feel any pain and I was going to get one any way for the delivery why not play with it before hand. LOL. I really was scared but it was for no reason the guy who did it was nice and gentle and there were no complications. Mom came in to visit us and she even braided my hair for me.

It was a long 12 hours of waiting with nurses trying to find Sean's heartbeat(he wouldn't sit still). The doctor checking me. No food since 8pm the day before and no progress on the dilation. I had only gotten to a 2 on my own and a 3 with doctor's help and so almost 12 hours of waiting the decision was made to cut me open and pull him out. Yes I was freaking out and Daniel was doing his best to calm me down. The anesthesiolgist Jeff was my favorite person in the whole process and not just because he was hanging out by my head and giving me drugs but he was really good at talking to me and helping me calm down. We were all preped and ready and things were going well the staff and Daniel and I were all making jokes and trying to keep me calm. I remeber at one point being in the table and I could look up into the light and see the reflection of what they were doing and I kept telling myself don't look you might get freaked out, I took a peak every now and then. The other thing I remember was laying there talking to Daniel and Jeff and trying to relax and I smelled burning flesh, yes it was mine but to calm down I looked at Daniel and said, "I smell burning." He always says that too me when I'm cooking dinner or something. Soon enough Daniel stood up and saw our son. He came out at 6:43pm on April 1, 2010. The cord was around his neck once but he started crying in the OR and Daniel was so excited to see him. They brought Sean around the curtain for me to see him but I could only see from the mouth down till they were wheeling him out and paused for me to look as he left the OR. Daniel went with him as they measured and weighed him and did his little foot prints. He is such a proud daddy of such a cute little boy.
Just laying around

7lbs 10oz the scale reads 10.2oz

Look at my feet

They put crap on my eyes

I was getting all sealed up while that was going on and someone told me to nap on the table and I didn't I regret that now so if anyone has to have a c-section sleep when they take the baby away and you are still on the table it is very much worth it. When I finally got back to my room Daniel brought in our son and I was very happy. He was so cute and dirty. They took his blood sugar and it was really low so they wanted him fed some formula to get it up so we syringe fed him that first night.
Mommy Holding Sean still dirty.

Mommy feeding

Daddy Feeding

Grandma Petty came and so did Nana and Papa to see him while he was still fresh and dirty.
Grandma Petty

Nana

Papa

Then Daddy got to go take Sean into the Nursery and learn how to give Sean a sponge bath. The nurse was really nice and helpful in teaching him what to do she was Mindi Bytheway and for the Mormons reading this yes her husband is realated to John Bytheway she just doesn't know how. Since it was a c-section Daniel didn't get to cut he cord but he took a picture of Mindi shortening it when they had bath time. Grandma Petty took the pictures and I'm amazed at how clear they came out, Daniel picked a great camera if Mom's pictures came out clear and not blurry.
Mindi Cutting the cord

Daddy getting instructions

Daddy washing Sean

Washing the back. You can read the little arm band they gave Daniel

Getting Dressed

All Clean

That was our big day. Sean came out healty as can be. I didn't have too many complications and I say that because pre-eclapsia is a big complication but mine wasn't too bad and we did just fine. Daniel is the happiest daddy you can imagine plus he won two video games and he thinks Sean has the best birth day April Fools Day. Sean is the cutest little baby. We are grateful for all the support and well wishes we have gotten from friends and family. Finally The baby of the hour.
Sean James Hadley

No comments:
Post a Comment