Thursday, October 16, 2008

Camping in Winter

Okay, question what kind of person goes camping in the Rocky Mountains at the begining of winter. Answer me and a bunch of crasy white people also known as hunters. Yes, this weekend starting Friday morning I will be going with my husband, his dad, uncle and friends hunting in Northern Utah. The weather is supposed to be a warm 70 to 60 in the day and somewhere in the 30s at night. That is if the information I was looking at is correct. It could be so much more colder. I was hoping that my supervisor wouldn't be able to find someone to cover the overtime so I could stay where it is a little warmer and in a house with heating and eat sushi and craft but I told Daniel if I got Friday off I would go.


My plans for the weekend aren't to simply hide in the tent (which I am told has a heater), but I will take up the job of spotting. I'm not very good at it but I ain't shooting. If you shoot it you gut it and no thank you. However, I decided that if Daniel gets his dear and it's not too far away like the one he got last year I will go with him and try and witness the gutting. If I can handle it I'll try for a tag for next year.


Camping in the fall is going to be an experience. Daniel has been pretty patient with my nervous behavior about the thought of freezing and he is doing what I ask to ease my mind and fears even though I'm sure he wants to laugh at me. I'm not so much worried about the day I'm just worried if it snows and sleeping at night. I have a sleeping bag and three big blankets and my fleece pajamas and my flannel pajamas with the feet like we used to wear when we were kids. I shall see how this hunting thing works and I will report back with pictures. Wish me luck and if you don't hear back from me next week.... I'm a slacker get over it. HAHA.

No comments: