Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter

This thing called winter has it's ups and downs. For the past few weeks it has snowed on the weekends and we have a ton of snow on the ground. It has been quite interesting for me. I have been up here for three winters now and this one has had the most snow. Each time it snowed we would get 6-8 inches. Then it would melt a bit, then it would snow again another 6-8 inches. So with all this snow fall I have made some discoveries.

First: there really is different kinds of snow and I'm starting to be able to tell the difference. The first big snow storm we had this month had what I'm going to call snowball snow. It is big and looks like cotton balls when it is falling. I added pictures. I discovered it was snowball making snow when I made a snow ball and threw it at a cat that was sitting on my porch. For all you cat lovers don't worry I can't throw so I missed the cat. We have also gotten powdery looking snow and little pellet like snow.

Second: I hate driving in snow. It sucks. I am not the best driver in the first place but I really suck when it is snowing. I get all worried and clench my wheel tightly and it stresses me out. I especially hate it when I hit ice and start to slide. I mean I can take a call for work with a lady yelling for help no problem, I hit some ice while driving forget it major freak out.

Third: it sucks when snow gets in your shoe. When we have to take the dogs out and when I set up my inflatable santa the snow always gets in my shoe and I am immediatly cold. then the snow sticks to your pants so when you take off your shoes when you get inside you step on your pant leg and your sock gets wet.

Fourth: Snow really is pretty when you don't have to be in it. I like it when I can look out the window and see the snow falling and my bak yard covered and it's just neat. As long as I don't have to go out in it.

So that is my view on snow. I'm getting more used to it the longer I live up here and I'm finally really starting to enjoy it. Enjoy the pictures that I have added of my house and the snow.

No comments: