
Well it is Daniel's Bday today and I think he is having a good day so far. He slept in after staying up late playing games. His loving wife made him a huge breakfast of pancakes, sausage, bacon, southern hash browns, eggs and orange juice. He played with his birthday presents. The new StarWars The Forced Unleashed Xbox game. Then he switched to WOW while I made his birthday cake. He so far has received calls from his Grandma Hadley. His friend Carlos from work thought it would be fun to call at 7am and sing Feliz Cumpleanos. Lucky for us the phone was downstairs. But the day is still kind of young and he should hear from more family as the night wears on and people get home from work. We are also planning on going to the movies tonight and then a fancy place on the weekend and another movie, probably Mall Cop because that looks just like the people i work with.. i mean it looks funny. Lol airport cops. LOL.
Now on to the me portion of the day. The cake. Daniel had a cake at my friend Tera's Wedding and he decided he wanted that cake for his birthday. So I had to make up how to make it because Tera doesn't cook and her mother-in-law is the one who made it, well that and I didn't bother asking till 1030 last night. I'm so considerate. At least Tera was at work so she wasn't doing anything important. LOL Just kidding Tera. Tera did help by letting me know it was just a torte so the layering commenced and I learned a few things.
1. I'm not so good with making icing.
2. Butter cream frosting is rich and making your own is even richer.
3. If you add too much liquid to the icing it does not pipe very well.
4. If you are using canned fruit in the cake you can add a little juice to the cake to make it moist.
5. No matter what i do to the cake Daniel will say it's great. He is so sweet like that.
6. It may look ugly but it tastes good.

No comments:
Post a Comment